Top Enterprise Mobility Things To Think About 1 of 10
Is your organisation investigating an enterprise mobility project to eliminate collecting data on paper for your mobile workforce? If so there are some important questions to ask the solution vendors you are evaluating before you make a decision.
Does the solution allow you to modify applications following the initial deployment?
Research constantly shows that 70% of senior managers viewed enterprise mobility as a strategic initiative in efforts to configure the supply chain – less stock with fewer outages. A tough act to perform with traditional desktop systems.
The need to create strong user orientated apps has often led organisations to come up with something specific (read expensive) for each deployment. Scalability and robustness have often been thought of as only available to those with HUGE IT budgets. Historically this thinking has led companies to adopt one of these approaches:
Buy An Off The Shelf Solution
- Traditional square peg round hole approach.
- Expensive, inflexible will no doubt need customisation.
- Technically, can become outdated quickly.
Commission a Bespoke Application Development
- Tough to justify in house as skills in mobility not common.
- Costly, complex, and time consuming.
- Difficult to change repeat maintain and upgrade.
Use The Mobility Module That Came With The Back End System
- Geared to extend ERP SCM, and CRM functions to small screens not designed for mobile workers.
- Not good at accessing multi-application back end environments.
- Often excludes functionality mobile workers need.
How Long Do You Expect Your Mobile Process To Stay The Same?
None of these approaches talk much about real world sustainability or Return on Investment – ROI.
So look for an approach that allows apps to be created that specifically match the process workflow that your remote worker should be carrying out. Markets are dynamic so companies can harness the power of enterprise mobility to make business process improvements as their business evolves.
Our approach allows customers to make changes to apps and deploy them to any device in the field without writing a single line of code or paying someone else to make each change.