Motor Sport Tyre Tracking Software and Hardware
Racing strategy is based on data and all data in motor sport is time critical. Monitoring vehicle performance can mean the difference between a podium finish or catching a potential race ending issue early enough to do something about it.
With high performance rugged tablet PCs motor sport pit lane tasks can be accomplished efficiently quickly and securely while withstanding harsh environments and managing communications without complications.
While motor sport technology moves forward every season how data is collected in the pit lane lags behind and the use of pencil three-part paper forms and dry erase boards is still common. It can often take at least 15 minutes for information to be made available to all the other team members.
To automate the collection and distribution of critical car performance and equipment data in real-time to speed decision making at the track. Working with real-time data to let the teams make quicker decisions that could affect the outcome of each race – when to call for a pit stop tracking how much fuel goes in the tank or how the tires are wearing.
How we can help?
The T7000 xTablet offers your motor sport race crew an opportunity to automate data collection before and during a race thus speeding up the sharing of information for quicker decision making. Rugged construction PC grade processing power and ease of use all combine to help save that most precious racing commodity – time! Read the Red Bull Racing Case Study
Teams can use preferred software on Windows 7 operating system or choose to use our mobile platform to build a host of applications from inventory control to data input and analysis.
- Run team racing software on Intel Atom chipset and Windows 7.
- Have a built-in bar code scanner that can save 60 to 90 minutes before each race in putting tyre sets together.
- Allow the teams to set up their own secure wireless network with built-in Wi-Fi or over public 3G WWAN.
- Let team members send data anywhere at any time.
- Turn notes into real-time data with handwriting recognition.
- Stand up to the intense heat, dust, rain and other hazards in typical race conditions.
- Withstand repeated abuse such as multiple drops to concrete or asphalt.
- Enable the sharing of critical real-time data that speeds race-day decision making.