Using A Windows Tablet On A Forklift
Vehicle Mount computers or terminals have been around the warehouse for many years. Typically they have been used for pick and put away of palletised product in warehouses and docking environments. The operator often using a tethered or bluetooth barcode scanner to record locations and products into an inventory or WMS application.
So why are clients looking at using a windows tablet on a forklift instead?
Dedicated large screen fork lift terminals or vehicle mount computers allows users to view data or run a terminal emulation session usually into a warehouse management system. But they tend to be expensive somewhat one dimensional and some still run proprietary operating systems and can have smaller screens than might be expected.
Rugged Tablet Alternative 8 Good Reasons
- Larger screens – take advantage of sealed rugged designs using solid state drives up to 11.6″ diagonal screen in an enclosure built for rugged use.
- Broad range of tablet form factors from MobileDemand and Zebra.
- Android or Windows 10 OS – making for easier integration into warehouse management systems (WMS) and other legacy solutions.
- Wide range of mount options including powered and powered cradles with or without tethered scanning for long range use. Learn More
- Integral 2D scanning for situations where the operator can detach the tablet and start scanning items while on foot.
- Enabling ROI through the creation of more flexible shift patterns for stock check by using devices on or off the forklift.
- Sign on screen allows an internal POD to transport staff.
- Integral cameras allow warehouse staff to snap a picture of damaged product straight away.
Windows Tablet Forklift Mount Ideas
Users are finding that in a number of scenarios forklift staff are now being asked to carry out multiple roles making the ability to walk around with a multi purpose device all the more attractive. Which makes using a rugged tablet a viable alternative to a dedicated forklift mount computer.
Get in touch to learn more about using a windows tablet on a forklift.