Urovo’s U-Stage is a newly released tool for staging their Android based mobile devices. This plays a critical roll in device deployments by allowing most aspects of a devices configuration to be cloned onto other devices in seconds, saving valuable time when setting up devices in larger scale deployments.
Here’s how a provisioning tool like U Stage can help with the deployment of mobile device:
- Consistency and Standardisation: A provisioning tool ensures that all devices are configured according to a standardised set of settings, applications, and security policies. This consistency helps maintain uniformity across the organisation, reducing the chances of configuration errors and security vulnerabilities.
- Time and Cost Savings: Manual configuration of each mobile device can be time-consuming and labor-intensive. A provisioning tool automates the setup process, saving valuable time for IT teams and reducing labor costs associated with device deployment.
- Remote Configuration: U Stage allows IT administrators to configure devices remotely simply by sharing a QR code. This is particularly useful for remote or geographically dispersed teams, as devices can be set up without the need for physical access.
- Bulk Deployment: With a provisioning tool, IT teams can deploy a large number of devices simultaneously. This is especially beneficial for organisations that need to provision multiple devices at once, such as during new hires or technology refresh cycles.
- Configuration Management: Multiple configurations can be created in U Stage to tailor the setup process of devices to different user roles or departments. This ensures that each user receives the necessary applications, permissions, and settings specific to their job requirements.
- Security and Compliance: A provisioning tool can enforce security policies, such as password requirements, kiosk screens, and 3rd party encryption apps. This helps ensure that devices are compliant with the organisation’s security standards and reduces the risk of data breaches.
- App and File Distribution: IT teams can use provisioning tools to pre-install or distribute applications and files to mobile devices during the setup process. This eliminates the need for users to manually download and install applications, improving efficiency and user experience.
- Kiosk and Lockdown: U Stage supports the configuration of Urovo’s built-in kiosk application. This allows IT administrators to create a screen of whitelisted applications and restrict settings for end users. The kiosk application can be configured to lock the device to a specific application(s), prevent the user from changing critical settings, and even disable physical buttons. This can be useful for creating secure kiosks for public use, such as self-service checkout stations or information kiosks.
Overall, using Urovo U Stage simplifies and accelerates the deployment of mobile devices, making it easier for IT teams to manage large-scale deployments while ensuring consistency, security, and a positive user experience. Contact us to book a 30 minute briefing on U Stage.